Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Doggy Duty

As the days go by and I realize that my son won't always want to spend every minute of every day with me, I think more and more what we can do together as a family.  That being said, with the economy the way it is, we have to be frugal in what we do each day!  So Jamie and I came up with an idea to save money and spend time with the entire family (including our dog!).  Every other weekend, weather permitting, we take our dog, Gotti, to the dog park.  Afterwards, we drive to an awesome place we found called That Dirty Dog .  We can all go in together and give our pooch a nice bubbly bath.  They even have extra little aprons for kids to wear so they don't get soaked during the classic doggy shakes!  Of course my son, being as particular as he is, refused to wear the apron, but he avoided the flying water anyway. 

We used to drop our big Gotti off at a dog grooming place in Acworth and pay $50 (before tip!) for a wash, dry and nail clipping.  Here we paid $25 and got to have a fun afternoon together as a family.  Not to mention it's right next to a frozen yogurt place...I think I'll convince the hubs to stop off there next time! 

I know it's hard to plan time to spend with family.  If I had it my way, I'd spend my Sundays on the couch eating snack foods and watching tv BY MYSELF!  But we really need to hold on to these times we have together.  I want my son to remember all the good times we had together as a family - going hiking, camping, and yes, even washing the dog.  I think I'll continue finding ways to spend time together (cheaply) and write about it.  Not only can I share the information with who chooses to read it, but it gives me an excuse to try out new things to do with my boys.

So give this a try, people.  I'm telling you, it takes the CHORE out of washing your dog!

Link: That Dirty Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment